We are the #instaparents, the app rulers, often part of thriving online communities, we are the new generation of multitasking individuals in an increasing need of shopping efficiently and more time to spend with our families.
I’m Aly, the mum behind AllMumsTalk and I’m supporting a good project when I see it. This is Pitapat, an app created by two parents who after having kids around the same time, instantly realised parenthood doesn’t come cheap. They, like all parents I know including myself, found their homes inundated with baby and kids’ stuff which children quickly grew out of, some of it unused and brand new. After searching high and low for a dedicated, safe, free and easy to use marketplace for preloved baby and kids’ items with no luck, they decided to go out and create one for themselves and all parents in their local area.
Pitapat was born.
For years parents had to use all sorts of second hand market places, second hand websites, Facebook groups and Mums groups to buy and sell their preloved toys, clothes, monitors, Prams (the list is endless)! I honestly find this to be the first app designed specifically for parents to sell their preloved kids items. A one stop shop for all your child and paternal needs, which is always with you in your pocket.
I agree with my mum friends I asked to try Pitapat, the app makes the process of buying and selling kids items efficient, stress free and enjoyable. Users will find high end brands at fantastic preloved prices.
The app is easy to use, safe and secured. Pitapat includes an inbuilt messaging system which enables users to speak to one another directly inapp without sharing personal details like mobile numbers or revealing their exact locations. In the current cybersecurity focussed climate, we ensure all of our users are 100% safe (Pitapat creators).
Pitapat App features
● Browse items in user’s local area.
● Customisable search radius from 1 mile to Global
● Sort results by distance or by advert age
● Browse all products together or by category
● Search functionality to search by product name or description
● Item details with multiple photos, approximate location and distance from viewer
● Buyers can speak to sellers directly inapp without sharing personal details
● View all active and sold items in Sellers profile
● Wish list feature where buyers can tag items they like and want to look at later
● 5star review/feedback system to encourage quality of service between buyers and sellers
● See when advert was last updated
● Ability to report inappropriate adverts to administrators
The app can be found in iTunes App Store.
Check out their Facebook and insta for more on how to hunt a good bargain. Or twit about yours.